Week In Review (9/11/2015)
Another week in the books! Some very nice improvements and additions this week so lets get right to a few of them.
- Another graybox map has been implemented. The working name is "Ringsanity". You'll understand when you see it. It is a VERY large map and is best suited for large battles. In fact it's so large that it takes 1.5 minutes to fly the outer ring.
- Some really nice work has been done in Mobius. It's actually very close to finished. Once done, we'll have 3 complete maps.
- Capture The Core game mode TDD has been approved so the engineering starts today. Once done, we'll have 2 different game modes in the books along with individual and team play for each.
- The Vulcan cannon is now in the game -- although with a temporary fire sound effect.
- We've started looking at making some small changes to the power-up art. Nothing huge, but it will help players recognized the various power-ups from distance.
- The installer/patcher is getting ever closer to be complete. We should start testing it next week. Once this and matchmaking are complete, we can open up the Proving Grounds!
- Matchmaking is very nearly complete as well. The first implementation will be fairly basic, but it will soon be followed by a more in depth system that gives the players much more control over the game modes they wish to play.
- The power-up system is being overhauled. Let's just say this was necessary due to the mass proliferation of power-ups.
Ok, now for the Studio Snapshot:
How about Wingman's Hangar? This week is another "special" episode. Check it out, I'm sure you'll love it!
That's it for me this week. Be sure to check back next week for more news!