Week In Review (7/31/2015)
Well, another week in the books.
More bugs squashed, more features implemented, and lots more playtesting. Speaking of playtesting, you can actually watch this live from time to time. Be sure to keep an eye out for a message from Dunkelza about next the live stream.
Check out the playthrough from this week:
We've also made great progress toward getting a build out to the Advisory Board -- looks like sometime next week.
Now for the weekly Snapshot:
- You get a look at the mining laser (still prototype) and those awesome mining blocks -- don't worry they're just placeholder. The real ones will be super awesome! That's a laser grid in the background... let's just say there are some creative uses for it.
- You'll also hear a pretty amateurish "Someone... is charging" sound effect. Yes, that's just me playing around with Audacity. The real stuff will always come from Dan!
- Hey! Is that Winglet in the next shot. Yeah, he spent most of the week with us in the office. Don't worry we put him to work.
- In the next shot you hear Wingman admit to his cheating ways
- Jason working and testing more VR stuff. He's done a great job with that and it is a lot of fun
- You also get to see sort of a holo-lens view of the game while it is being played. This was kind of a happy accident. The level currently has one sided geometry, so if you are outside the map, you can see through the walls. The net effect is you can watch an entire match from the outside. I doubt we'll keep this particular "feature", but our plan is to have something like it.
There was an awesome Wingman's hangar this week. He talks to Todd Porter's current Kickstarter NecroVirus, talks about the new store, and he chats about the new ship color schemes.
Be sure to check out Rob Irving's Design Underground next Monday - 8/3/2015 (with a cameo by me). In it, Rob and I discuss the recharge zones you'll find in the game and how they are built using UE4 blueprints.
Last but definitely not least, come see us at the Rooster Teeth Expo next week. We are looking into getting a booth for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and might just find ourselves on the main stage one day. Stay tuned for more details.
Have a great weekend y'all!